LINE UP FOR MUFF 2017
Saturday 24th July UKULELE FESTIVAL
- BENHUR HELWEND NT born and Nationally acclaimed singer/uke player & actor known locally for his lead role in the Darwin play Bastard Territory. Here he is performing his tender rendition of Give Me A Little More Time…
- MIRRABOOKA High energy 4 piece uke band coming all the way from NSW Central Coast. A glimpse of them last year was enough to move us to include them in 2016’s Key Artist line up. Here they are performing under the Banyan Trees at MUFF 2015…
- ALI MILLS returning with her own brand of entertainment. Great singer/uke player and entertainer! One of the highlights of MUFF 2015 was Ali Mills leading an audience singalong with a Darwin Kriol version of Waltjim Bat Matilda…
- RENEE SEARLE
- ROSE TURTLE ERTLER
- AZO BELL
Azo is a virtuoso of the Ukulele, playing everything from Jazz to trad, danceable stompers or delicate, sensitive ballads. One of Australia’s greatest, back again!
- LES HUDDLESTON
- RICHARD ‘MARGO’ MARGETSON Darwin ABC Local identity returning as our MC/Raconteur/Uke player will be stitching the whole show together with his usual spontaneous, quirky wit.
- OPEN MIC sessions throughout the day offering aspiring talents to get up and have a go.
Sunday 25th July TOP END FUSION DAY
This year’s Sunday sets will feature guitars, country and folk, reminding us all of what a great place to live the Territory is!
- Crank Williams
- Johnny McIntyre
- Tracy Bunn One of Darwins favourite singers, don’t miss her performance!
- Ben Evolent Nobody brings us the sound of the Territory quite like the NTs own Ben Evolent.
- Scott Murphy
- Philip Denson MC
MUFF is for all the family – bring the kids!
Workshops & Competitions include
- Spear, Boomerang & Woomera Throwing Workshop with Firestone Tours (Wagait Beach) – great fun for kids and adults – brush up on your Bush skills!
- Children’s Ukulele Workshop
- Hula Dancing demonstration, workshop and dance-off competition!
- Tasty Tucker! As always, there will be a wide array of snacks and meals available , including BBQ, vegetarian, snack’s tea , coffee and cake.
- Cold Beer! The Cox Country Club is licensed premises so the beer will be cold and served from noon to midnight.*No BYO see below
- Recovery Breakfast! Sunday morning, recovery breakfast will be available from The Wagait Beach Rural Fire Brigade stand at the Cox Country Club. which will re-open at 10:00am for more ‘refreshments’ and all musicians are encouraged to play along with our day of Bush Bards & Balladeers, continue throughout the day until 8pm…
*No BYO – we’re not saying this to be mean but because our venue, the Cox Country Club, is licensed premises and it is illegal to allow outside alcohol be brought onto licensed premises for consumption. So sorry, no Eskies of BYO – but on the bright side, the Country Club is one of the cheapest bars in Darwin!