Getting to Wagait Beach is easy! Spend the weekend, book a room or bring your tent for free camping!
To get to MUFF you have two options from Darwin – by Sea or by Road
MUFF BY SEA
If you don’t have your own boat or yacht to moor off Wagait Beach, then SeallnkNT Ferry sails all weekend from Cullen Bay to Mandorah Pier. Check for special deals and timetable at SealinkNT schedules here
Once you dock at Mandorah Pier, you can get to Wagait Beach by
- A shuttle bus will be running all day between the Mandorah Wharf & the Cox Country Club. Tickets available on Cullen Bay Jetty or on bus at Mandorah…..PLEASE cash only, EFTPOS Not available!
Concession return ticket $10, adult return ticket $15
- Or Ride your Bike! Only 15 minutes on sealed and safe bike track
MUFF BY ROAD
Drive down the Stuart Highway and then turn right into Cox Peninsula Road, also known as the Peninsula Way. Two hours drive but beautiful country, with forests, fields of termite mounds and some great places to stop off for a pub meal or buffalo milk ice cream! (Berry Springs Tavern, Litchfield Tavern & Crazy Acres)
There’s only one sealed road to Wagait Beach from Stuart Highway, so you won’t get lost!
Get Primitive! FREE! Basic camp sites (no power or wifi) are available at the Cox Country Club. Number of sites limited, Bookings essential phone: Mark 0487 750 155
Alternatively, there is 15 klms of beach and a beautiful green forest to find a quiet space…just treat our environment with respect, take out everything you bring in, and leave nothing but foot prints in the sand 🙂
Wagait Beach Holiday Accommodation
Treat yourself to a touch of luxury with these air conditioned holiday rentals. Why camp or rush to catch the midnight ferry? Spend the night, have a nightcap on your verandah listening to the waves and be up bright and early for the recovery breakfast at the club followed by a Sunday of live Top End fusion folk music.
- Wagait Beach Bush Retreat is a luxurious, private holiday home with spa pool, in a discrete and quiet .
- Golden Sands Resort is a Wagait Beach institution, a classy absolute waterfront elevated Territory home with extra rooms , can sleep 12. Swimming pool and verandah overlooking the beach, just a minutes walk from the MUFF festival site.
- Wagait Beach Holiday Homes are three nostalgic elevated Territory homes on a quiet beach front block, each with three bedrooms and about 200 meter from the MUFF festival site.